Abbey CWM HIR Hall
- 39.8 miles north of Cilgwyn Manor
- Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6PH
- 01597 851 727
A historic mansion and listed 12 acre gardens. Attractions include a lake, boathouse, waterfall, lawns, courtyards and terraces, woodland walks, gypsy caravan and shepherd’s hut – all overlooking the ruins of the 12th century abbey.
A national nature reserve with 18th century landscape park, historic house, wildlife walks, medieval deer park, café and a shop. Newton House is a Grade II listed country house within Dinefwr Park.
- 44.5 miles south west of Cilgwyn Manor
- Llanfallteg, Whitland, Carmarthenshire, SA34 0XH
- 01994 240 717
Three and a half acre gardens, with sculptures and structures made from living willow.
National Botanic Garden of Wales
- 21.5 miles south west of Cilgwyn Manor
- Middleton Hall, Llanarthne, Carmarthenshire, SA32 8HN
- 01558 667 149
Beautiful botanic gardens in 568 acres of parkland. Historic and futuristic buildings, streams and tea house; plus lakeside and prairie walks.
- 10.1 miles west of Cilgwyn Manor
- Talley, Carmarthenshire (5.5 miles north of Llandeilo)
A ruined 12th century former monastery in the village of Talley. Parts of the abbey church survive.